The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live. -Elbert Hubbard



Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Flood that happened, in Shediac/Grande-Digue/Bouctouche N.B, a few months back. [Home Town]

A few months back, In October/November, there was a flood that happened in my Home Town. They haven't seen a flood like this since the 1960's. Even earlier in the year we had a hurricane of category 1.
It's not that bad, but for my home town it was a big deal. 

Alright, about the flood again. 
When this happened I was at my dads in the USA, So. I wasn't there to really see it, but I heard tones of stories from my mother. 

We live right on the shore of the beach alright and so, for us. A flood doesn't take much. In the middle of October/November, there was a huge storm and it caused a huge flood. 

Parts of the roads were torn out and there were houses on the rocks of the beach, because the water dragged it there. There is tones of people that lost a lot of land because of it. 

They even blocked the main roads, so no one couldn't go any where because it was too dangerous. I'm glad I wasn't there during that time, being stuck in a house for 1 week because there's a flood would have not been fun. 

Here are some pictures of the flood that happened.... 





Not the worst I've seen, but it was bad enough to ruin homes and land. 


No comments:

Post a Comment